Thursday 9 May 2013

Adding Decals

Through out the construction of the environment I have felt that the environment was very grey and needed some colour. Now the problem with using one texture for a room is that it doesn't allow for a lot of variation, unless a new material or material instance. Another way I can add some detail to the environment without touching the existing assets or materials.

Am talking about decals. My plan is to add some colour and some text to add a bit more to the environment.

This is a simple material set up I have used.

Below is some examples of how and where I have added decals.





I think the decals worked well with my environment. They have injected a bit of colour into the grey. I think if I was to improve the environment further I could add some warnings or other signs onto pipe and assets.

No comments:

Post a Comment